What does community mean to you?
Who are the important people in your community?
Send us your favourite photograph and you could win up to £1000 to support your group or charity!
If you know Devon Community Foundation you’ll know that we are huge community champions! We love our county and we especially love all the people that come together within it – whether it be for care and support, to learn or even for companionship.
We’re celebrating all of that by launching our first photo competition that showcases the special power of community in Devon!
We know that it’s the tireless hard work and commitment of community/voluntary groups and small charities across the county that we can thank for making community magic happen. That’s why we’re giving them the to opportunity to win one of three prizes for their group or charity by entering our community photo competition.
£1000 for the winning entry
£500 for 2nd place
and a prize of £250 for 3rd place.
How to Enter
To be in with a chance of winning up to £1000 for your organisation all you have to do is send us your photo (or photos) of your amazing community group or charity in action!
Competition hints and tips:
- Try to really capture on camera what community means for your organisation. We’ve highlighted caring, support, learning & companionship as just some of the ingredients you provide that make real magical community moments happen.
- We love to see people. Faces are a great canvas on which we can paint endless emotions! We know that sometimes in some areas of work, it may not always be possible to photograph faces but feelings can also be conveyed by hands, writing, drawings….
- Photos must be taken in Devon
- Entrants must be based in Devon
- Photos must be in good quality format (300dpi or greater)
Please carry on reading for full terms and conditions.
Please submit your entry or entries to us on or before the closing date of Friday 9th October 2020.
Upon closing, entries will be shortlisted and presented before a judging by a panel that includes local Devon photographer Mike Southon. Mike has a over 36 years experience in commercial, press and social photography as well as in tutoring and photography consultancy.
The three winning photographs will be announced on the DCF website and social media channels.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to community groups, associations and charities (you, your, the community or the entrant) providing help and support in Devon. Entrants confirm they have full authority to submit photograph(s) on behalf of the community.
- Entrants into the competition are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- Entrants confirm that individuals featured in submitted photograph(s) have given their consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this competition and where an individual whose image is featured is aged less than 18 years entrants confirm that the parent or guardian of that individual has given their consent for the image to be included and used for the purposes of this competition.
- To enter this competition you must be the author of the submitted image(s) and own the copyright. By submitting your entry you confirm that you have not copied or reproduced images belonging to a third party and the submitted photograph(s) do not infringe the copyright or any other rights belonging to a third party, including any right of confidentiality or privacy. Devon Community Foundation (‘DCF, we or us’) accepts no liability if an image is unlawfully reproduced. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries to this competition if we have reason to believe the submitted photograph(s) breach these terms and conditions.
- By submitting your photograph you grant DCF permission to publish your photograph(s) on the DCF website and use it for other printed and digital materials for promotional purposes by DCF including newsletters, presentation material, social media posts and other publications and reports and you grant DCF a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free and perpetual licence to use, reproduce, enlarge, publish and exhibit your image(s). This is applicable to all submitted photographs, whether they are judged to be winning entries or not. By submitting your photograph(s) you also waive all moral rights in your entry.
- Images submitted to the competition must be of high resolution (300dpi or greater) and submitted together with a relevant entry form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.)
- We understand that due to restrictions imposed by the coronavirus pandemic and rules on social distancing, your photograph(s) may have been taken prior to March 2020. Entrants will be accepted subject to terms & conditions of this competition. Entrants are advised to take special care to ensure they have the continuing consent of individuals photographed, as set out in 3 above.
- The deadline for entries is 5pm on Friday 9th October 2020. We reserve the right to refuse late entries.
- Entries will be judged by a panel to include local Devon photographer Mike Southon and winners notified and announced on the DCF website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn) during week commencing 12th October 2020.
- The winning entry will receive £1000 for their community group or charity. Second and third place will claim a respective £500 and £250 for their community group or charity. Payments can only be made to a charity or community group bank account. No alternative prize can be claimed.
- DCF’s decision on the winning entry is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding judging and competition organisation.
Could you help us spread the word? Download our poster here.