By matching donors with do-ers, grants from the Foundation’s Funds make a big difference and help to build a better future for everyone. Since we began we have distributed over £10M into Devon Communities across Devon, Plymouth and Torbay. In the last five years we have grown our endowment by 2,200% into over £4.1M.
In 2014 our grants helped to support nearly 41,000 people across the county making an immediate impact on their lives now and leaving a lasting legacy for the future. Our grants are made across 10 Thriving Communities themes:
- Assist families in need
- Bring people together
- Develop life skills
- Enable disabled people
- Encourage safety and resilience
- Help people to find and keep a home
- Keep people safe and well
- Offer training and work opportunities
- Promote access to arts, culture and nature
- Provide access to services in a rural area
Just click on the links above to find out more about each of these themes and the impact the Foundation's grants are having on local people in need.