What is the Tampon Tax Community Fund?
The Tampon Tax Community Fund comes from money collected in VAT on sanitary products.
What is it for?
It aims to help improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls by giving a financial boost to organisations working towards the following objectives:
- To build skills and confidence - supporting women and girls to learn new skills, giving them the ability to apply for new jobs and/or return to the workplace
- To improve health and wellbeing - teaching women how to look after and improve their own mental or physical health and live in good health for longer
- To build social networks - connecting women to others they can share similar experiences with, supporting them to feel less lonely, more valued, more able to pass on that support.
Who is it distributed by?
The government have allocated the largest share of the fund to UKCF, the network of Community Foundations in the UK to which we, Devon Community Foundation belong. Our organisations are able to reach small, local projects in our respective areas of the country.
What types of projects have you previously funded?
Read about the drop-in centre Torbay Ladies Lounge and how they support vulnerable women.
Read about Trevi House in Plymouth that helps rehabilitate women with children.
Who can apply?
Priority is placed on:
- Grassroots organisations offering localised support to women or girls
- Organisations working with women or girls with multiple disadvantages
- User led organisations that have a clear understanding of the needs of women or girls they are supporting
- Sustainable projects that provide long-term solutions to women or girls they are helping
How much can I apply for?
We have grants available from £5,000 to £10,000 for a duration of up to 12 months.
How do I apply?
Sorry, the application window for the Tampon Tax Community Fund is now closed.
If you would like to keep up to date with all our up to date grants news please signup to our newsletter here.
When can I apply?
We will be accepting applications between the 2nd September 2019 and noon on the 11th October 2019.
Please contact our Grants Team on 01884 235887 or by email email@example.com.