Comic Relief and Devon Community Foundation Bring Comic Relief Community Cash to Devon
Once again we are distributing a £25,000 Comic Relief Community Cash fund to communities across Devon.
Comic Relief Community Cash grants of £500-£1,000 are available to small organisations in Devon that are doing great work to help local people living tough lives. If this sounds like you, make sure you apply for a Comic Relief Community Cash grant now.
Who is eligible to apply for a Comic Relief Community Cash grant?
- Constituted voluntary and community groups
- Social enterprises
- Community interest companies
- Groups which have been established for less than 12 months, are eligible to apply.
Groups eligible to apply for Comic Relief Community Cash grants need to:
- Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area
- Be a small local group with an income of less than £100,000 run by local people
- Have limited access to other sources of income
- Clearly define the need you are addressing
- Clearly demonstrate the benefit of your activities to disadvantaged people
- Illustrate how you aim to deliver social outcomes
- Provide clear evidence that the services provided are inclusive to all
- Provide clear evidence that the activities provided will target people who would ordinarily struggle to access those opportunities
Examples of the type of activities we will fund (this is an example but not a definitive list):
- Counselling and advice services
- Disability sports clubs/activities
- Training, skill building and volunteering projects
- Community groups and set up costs for new groups
- Support groups
Community Cash grants cannot be used to fund:
- To fund trips abroad;
- To fund buses, mini buses or other community transport schemes (not including transport costs forming part of a project);
- To fund building costs, including access adaptations to buildings.
Grants will not be awarded to:
- Organisations who are in receipt of a grant directly from Comic Relief (excluding the Community Cash programme)
- Statutory organisations, including schools
- National organisations, unless the application is submitted by a local office with a separate management committee, bank account and governing documents
Apply for a Comic Relief Community Cash grant now: Online Application form