It is important that you read the information on these pages very carefully before applying to make sure your group/organisation is eligible and, if so, that your application reaches us through the right format. If you have any questions about applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01884 235887.
The aim of our grant making is to help build thriving communities. We support core costs, new or continuing projects and one-off initiatives. We welcome applications from groups collaborating on projects, and simply request that you submit one application with lead contact.
What organisations do we fund
Charities, non-constituted groups, social enterprises that have a governing document and that use their profits and assets for the public good and;
- Are based and delivering in Devon (including Torbay and Plymouth)
- Have a bank account in the group’s name with at least two unrelated signatories (in exceptional circumstances we are able to pay a grant through a host organisation)
- Have a management committee with at least three member
- Are providing services or facilities for the benefit of people and/or communities.
What don't we fund
• Previously funded groups/ organisations that have overdue evaluations
• Large projects where a small grant would not make a significant difference
• Organisations that have unrestricted funds of more than one years running costs
• Grant making organisations
• Building works
• Capital purchases over £1,000 (with the exception of the Wind and Solar Community Benefit Funds we hold covering specific areas)
• Overseas travel
• Consultancy fees or feasibility studies
• Promoting political or religious beliefs
• Organisations or activities that primarily support animals or plants
• Sponsorship and/or fundraising events
• Funding for works that have already happened or been committed.
Submitting an application
Stage 1 Application
We have many funds so to help us establish which fund your project might be eligible for we ask all applicants to submit a Stage 1 Application. We will then contact you within approximately two weeks to let you know whether there is any suitable funding available, if so we will send you an email asking you to complete the Stage 2 Application.
Stage 2 Application
Please read the email carefully as it will contain essential information for completing your application. To get started you will simply need to follow the link within the email which will take you to the Stage 2 Application, you can save and return to this at any time. You will be asked to upload your documents to the application form before you submit. We are unable to accept hard copies of application forms or documents. Your Stage 2 Application will expire six months after you receive the link.
Applications are subject to a detailed assessment and as part of the assessment, you may be contacted by telephone or the assessor may wish to contact the named referee.
Funding decisions are made by a community grants panel. Unfortunately we are unable to fund every application that we receive but where possible we may be able to fund certain aspects of an application or draw money from a number of funds to fully meet a request. Please note that there is no right of appeal on award decisions made.
We will let you know you know whether you have been awarded a grant by email. Once you have been awarded a grant, the Foundation will make the payment on receipt of the signed agreement.
Monitoring and evaluation
The Foundation is keen to establish a two-way relationship with funded groups as this is important to monitor progress. Groups funded will receive an evaluation form and possible visit by the Foundation team to see the progress and the effectiveness of the grant. The satisfactory completion of the evaluation form is a requirement for any future grant application to the Foundation.
The Foundation will ask for monies to be returned if, for any reason, the group is unable to use the grant effectively for its original, defined purpose – unless alternative conditions have been subsequently agreed in writing. Grants must be used for their stated purpose within one year of approval. The Foundation will endeavour to support organisations that experience difficulties, but the responsibility is on the group to keep the Foundation fully informed.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE AND WANT TO APPLY FOR A GRANT UNDER £2,000
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE AND WANT TO APPLY FOR A GRANT OVER £2,000