Community Foundations are not for profit charitable organisations. Our core purpose is to source and then distribute funding to local community groups e.g. voluntary groups, charities, social enterprises & individuals. There are 46 Community Foundations across the UK, in 2018 we collectively delivered over £98.3m in grants, from over 2,500 donors to 23,000 small local community groups.
In 2018 Devon Community Foundation distributed funding of over £1.1m, £681k of which was to 188 small local community groups, £419k to specific community health & wellbeing projects addressing areas such as loneliness.
Our vision: Thriving Devon communities challenging disadvantage and bringing about positive changes locally.
The Role in brief
We have great content, stories of local people, groups and charities working to support their local community achieving some amazing results. Insightful research and impact content providing vital feedback on what the funding we have delivered has achieved. We need a brilliant Content Creator to create, publish & curate our content resources, broadcasting our inspiring stories across all our channels.
Telling our stories achieves two things. It inspires potential donors to engage with the Foundation enabling us to secure vital funds for the community groups and individuals who make a difference across Devon. It also reaches out to those groups and individuals, highlighting the what, where and how of applying for funding through us.
Skills & Experience
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to write without spelling or grammatical errors
- Ability to create and deploy successful social media campaigns across multiple platforms
- Highly IT literate and ability to interpret data driven insights and create engaging stories from the facts
- Ability to think creatively and identify opportunities to leverage our content and maximise its impact
- Experience of editing website content and basic graphic design, commissioning external suppliers
- Creating video content, planning, storyboarding, shooting, editing and broadcasting
- Experience of the social sector, either as an employee, volunteer or partner organisation
- Photography Experience
- Experience of interviewing a wide range of individuals to gather stories and content
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative, prioritising accordingly, working to meet deadlines
- Ability to work across multiple teams, build strong positive and productive relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to manage and deliver simultaneous projects
- Salary £20k p.a Full Time – This is a part time role maximum 30 hours per week Monday – Thursday.
- Flexi-working is available within the constraints of having the office resourced 0900 – 1700 Monday to Thursday and needs to be agreed with the Philanthropy Director (PD)
- Home working is available but the role is based at the office in Tiverton and there is a need for team members to be in the office together as much as possible
Closing date for applications 5pm on Thursday 4th April 2019. Interviews planned for Monday 15th April.
Do you have a few hours to spare? Come and join our team and support the valuable work that Devon Community Foundation provides to voluntary and charitable organisations throughout Devon.
This is a great opportunity for someone to volunteer in a friendly office environment on a part-time basis, with the satisfaction of benefiting groups and organisations within local communities across the county.
To apply or to find out more information, please or call Sarah on 01884 235887 for an informal chat or email email@example.com