Everyone should have the chance to succeed in life, to develop skills and build a career. Positive People is a flexible community programme designed to help you overcome whatever challenges you face.
Run by Pluss and community partners (Tomorrow’s People, Cosmic, Devon Community Foundation, Torbay Community Development Trust and Plymouth Octopus Project) we can help you manage the tough times, get qualified and find work.
The Programme's support includes:
- Help to access training – anything from basic skills to vocational and professional qualifications
- Help to prepare for work – including clubs and work trials so you can try out jobs and gain experience
- Job search – preparing CVs, applications and interview practice. We will also help you to approach employers
- Access to computers, internet, printers and photocopiers
- Advice on apprenticeships and self-employment
- Once you enter into work, we will stay in regular contact with you
Our Community Enablers, Jo who covers Torridge, North Devon and Mid Devon and Orla who covers Exeter and South Devon are here to help you. To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 01884 235095.
Positive People (part of the Building Better Opportunities programme) is a new project jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.